New York Rangers news: Lundqvist back in net, Carcillo scratched

Robert Mayer-USA TODAY Sports

After Cam Talbot cruised in the Rangers 7-1 manhandling of the Maple Leafs, Henrik Lundqvist will get the start tonight versus the Blue Jackets.

The Rangers have two good goaltenders, a "problem" that most teams wish they had. Monday night, Alain Vigneault has elected to go back to the incumbent, Henrik Lundqvist, when the Rangers play host to the Blue Jackets at Madison Square Garden.

Lundqvist had started three consecutive games before Vigneault elected to go with Cam Talbot to end the Rangers five-game road trip. While the Rangers won that game, Talbot had relatively little to do, and the Rangers also scored seven goals. Lundqvist looked good at times in that three-game stretch, playing well against the Lightning and Panthers in wins, before falling victim to the Penguins.

In other lineup news, the recently acquired Daniel Carcillo will be a healthy scratch, along with Justin Falk. J.T. Miller will remain in the lineup, as he has since Derek Dorsett broke his fibula. The Rangers paired down to seven defenseman when they re-assigned Conor Allen to Hartford, it's a little bit tighter for that sixth defenseman spot.