Girardi's free agency; Rangers waiting on Olympic calls; Talbot's mindset; Kreider's edge

James Guillory-US PRESSWIRE

Today's New York Rangers notes

The Rangers are in a logjam of six Metropolitan Division teams fighting for two playoff spots. On Monday, one of those teams went into the Rangers home arena, and earned two points. Despite the fact that New York was able to salvage a point, these divisional games (especially the three point ones) usually have their way of coming back to bite you. Here are your morning notes.

The Rangers twice erased Blue Jacket leads, but could do quite enough, and fell to Columbus in a shootout. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts United]

Glenn Sather has a difficult decision to make on whether or not to trade Dan Girardi. [NY Post]

Under Alain Vigneault, Chris Kreider is finding his edge. [Daily News] Obviously, Kreider has been toeing the line, and went over it when he was ejected against the Blue Jackets.

Cam Talbot is maintaining a positive mindset while he continues his strong play, without knowing how much playing time he'll get. [The Record]

Rick Nash, Marc Staal, and Carl Hagelin are waiting to hear whether or not they'll make their respective Olympic squads. [NY Post]

A deeper look at the Dan Carcillo trade. [Blueshirt Banter]

And Carcillo, who was anything but a Rangers fan-favorite in his time with the Flyers, is excited to be playing in New York. [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants]