Much ado about the Olympics

Al Bello

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers skated on Tuesday in preparation of Wednesday's matchup against the NHL-leading and defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks. What we did learn on tuesday is the matchup will feature a number of 2014 Olympians. Here are your morning notes.

Seven different New York Rangers representing four different countries are heading to the 2014 Winter Olympics. [Blueshirt Banter] [Rangers Rants] [Blueshirts Blog]

While Rick Nash is one of those Rangers selected to be an Olympian, the Rangers need him to bring that level of play to the rest of the NHL season. [NY Post]

And with so many key players heading to Sochi to compete in the Olympics, can the Rangers avoid a post-Games hangover? [The Record]

Ryan McDonagh did not skate on Tuesday, but should be fine for Wednesday's matchup with the Blackhawks. [Rangers Rants]

After he was assessed a five minute major boarding penalty and ejected from Monday night's game, no supplemental discipline is expected for Chris Kreider. [Blueshirt Banter]

In This Article

Teams
Players