Rangers Prospect Update: North Dakota's Tambellini jumps to WHL

Matt Christians

Rangers prospect Adam Tambellini is leaving the NCAA to play in the WHL.

Just last year, Adam Tambellini was selected by the Rangers in the third round of last year's NHL Draft. Tambellini was touted as a young, talented player with a strong shoot and good skills. But in 16 games as a freshman for North Dakota this year, Tambellini could only muster four points on two goals and two assists. And now, according to North Dakota Sports Information Director Jayson Hadju, Tambellini is leaving UND to play for the Calgary Hitmen of the WHL.