FanPost

Lundqvist vs Marty Brodeur

This is not a slam piece of any kind, it is more of a serious question and debate topic. We all know the King's career has been great, until this season when his defense has been subpar. It could be a fluke and he could just turn it on this season.

Marrrrrrrrrrrrtyyyyyy. Here is where he comes in. My step-bro, the biggest hockey fan I know, he knows everything about every team. It's crazy. He told me this the other day and it clicked. Martin Brodeur has amazing stats and has had an amazing career and in my eyes one if the greats but throughout his career he would only face 20 or so shots a game because of the team in front on him. He said early in his career it was less. That then got me thinking about Hank.

I hope I'm wrong but we have always blocked lots of shots and had a solid defense in front of him. This year our defense isn't dominate and he is having a terrible year.

What do you guys think. Hank hasn't shown enough for me to lose faith in the long run but it's a good point to bring across. Let me know fellas.

SB Nation Featured Video