If it feels like it's been a while since you've seen NHL players in action, it's because it has been. The NHL schedule officially went on hiatus on Saturday, with four days between that break and the start of the men's Olympic tournament. But Wednesday, the puck will finally drop, with a pair of matchups, including one featuring a pair of New York Rangers.
In that tilt, Henrik Lundqvist, Carl Hagelin, and team Sweden will take on the Czech Republic. Opposite the pair of Rangers will be a lot of familiar New York faces, with the likes of Jaromir Jagr, Michal Rozsival, and Petr Nedved representing the Czechs.
Player to watch:
In his first Olympics, Hagelin's best attribute (his speed) should on full display on the larger, IIHF ice surface. Look for Hagelin's speed to influence the game.
- Olympics 2014: Let The Games Begin, Previewing the 2014 Men's Ice Hockey Tournament
- Olympics 2014: Pre-Hockey Madness Notes
- Where the Rangers Stand With 23 Games Remaining
- Rangers Vs. Penguins Recap: Richards' Shootout Goal Propels Rangers Past Penguins 4-3
- Rangers Vs. Penguins Preview: Rangers Look For Bounce Back Game Against Penguins