2014 Olympics: USA takes on Slovenia, Canada vs Finland

Winslow Townson-USA TODAY Sports

Can't sleep... can't eat... more Olympic hockey...

Today's Games:

Austria and Norway, 3:00 AM EST (TSN2, USA)
Russia and Slovakia, 7:30 AM. (USA, SNET)
Slovenia and USA, 7:30 AM. (NBCSN)
Finland and Canada, 12:00 AM. (CBC, USA)

How great were yesterday's games? USA shocking Russia in a shootout, Sweden holding off Latvia, Slovenia earning their first Olympic victory against Slovakia, and Switzerland shutting out the Czech Republic. Just when you thought your hockey appetite was sated we have four more games to digest today. The most compelling game of the day is without a doubt Canada taking on Finland but let's not overlook USA squaring off against Slovenia. The big win against Russia might give the American team some much needed confidence and spirit that just might help them make a lot of noise in this tournament.

Rangers in Action Today: Mats Zuccarello, Derek Stepan, Ryan Callahan, Ryan McDonagh, and Rick Nash.

Please use this as your open thread for all of today's games, including the one most of us will be talking about; USA and Slovenia. Remember to check out Blueshirt Banter's Facebook Page. Stay warm guys and for those of you who it applies to- enjoy your long weekend.

Let's go hockey, let's go USA!

Mike's Player to Watch:

Rick Nash

#61 / Right Wing / New York Rangers

6-4

213

Jun 16, 1984

Nash, who has been quiet thus far in the Winter Games, should make a point to give the Finns all they can handle today. Nash's combination of size and strength should give the Finns some trouble although they are not a team that is easily intimidated or out-worked. It should be interesting to see where Nash lands in Canada's line juggling and what role he is used in for the remainder of the tournament. I'm hoping that Nash starts finding his game in Sochi because the Rangers could really use a motivated and confident Rick Nash when the regular season gets back underway in late February.