FanPost

Blueshirt Banter Fantasy Baseball: Digger's League

I've been poking around the threads and trying to get an idea of how interested our community is in partaking in some fantasy baseball to help us get through the 2014 offseason. I'm getting the sense that we are likely to have enough people interested to have at least one or two 10-man fantasy leagues. I will serve as the commissioner for one of them and I'll be looking to you guys and gals to volunteer to be commissioners of however many supplemental leagues we might need.

So this is my FanPost to see who wants in to "League One". Just a little note; there will be a small degree of nepotism for those people I know will be active from previous experience(s) in fantasy hockey but other than that we'll treat this as a "first come, first serve" kinda thing for filling up the league.

Vital Stats of the League (Yahoo! Fantasy Baseball)

Teams

10

Hitting Categories

Runs (R), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Walks (BB), Batting Average (AVG), On-base + Slugging Percentage (OPS)

Pitching Categories

Wins (W), Saves (SV), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP), Strikeouts per Nine Innings (K/9), Walks Per Nine Innings (BB/9), Quality Starts (QS)

Position Breakdown

C, 1B, 2B, SS, 3 OF, 2 Util, 2 SP, 2 RP, 4 P, 5 Bench

DL Spots

3 (might add more, we shall see)

Scoring Type

Head to Head

You Must

Fear and respect me

Or Else

I shall hurl insults you like the monkey hurls his poo.

So that's that. If you volunteer to run a supplemental league you are more than welcome to change things up however you want, just make sure to inform the members of your league what they're signing up for.

Go ahead and let me know if you're in for the first league and when I'm all filled up I will post a comment in bold and caps letting you guys know to stop asking me about spots in the first league and at that point we can turn our focus to the second league and so on and so forth. Once I get my ten (including me) I'll work out the draft day and find the best way to get everyone invites to the league. Let's have some fun!

NOTE: Please check out feslenraster's post regarding fantasy baseball as well.