It's Tuesday, which means we're only two days away from the Rangers resuming their post-Olympic schedule. It also means we're eight days away from the trade deadline, and the Rangers have of course been at the center of a few rumors. With all that being said, here are your morning notes.
Another day, another reason to speculate on Ryan Callahan's future in New York. The latest trade rumor, involving Martin St. Louis, gets dissected. [Blueshirt Banter]
While there's no health issues with Henrik Lundqvist (or even a fatigue factor, according to Alain Vigneault) the Rangers head coach has yet to name a starter for when the schedule resumes Thursday against the Blackhawks. [Rangers Rants] Also of note there: Marc Staal was held out of practice for a third-straight day with back spasms, and the team is listing him as day-to-day.
With the Olympics over, a 32-year-old Lundqvist will turn his attention back to winning a Stanley Cup while the window is still open, writes Andrew Gross. [The Record]
- Ryan Callahan trade rumor: Sather targeting Martin St. Louis
- Nash, Lundqvist, and Hagelin bring home medals; Zuccarello's health; Dorsett back; Callahan trade rumors
- 2014 Olympics: Sweden vs Canada, Playing for Gold
- 2014 Olympics: USA versus Finland for Bronze
- Zuccarello Projected to Return in Second Week of March