This morning, Alain Vigneault indicated he was not sure if the Rangers would elect to call up a 13th forward from Hartford before the Rangers take on the Blackhawks on Thursday. But now, with Mats Zuccarello still on the shelf, the team has announced it has recalled up J.T. Miller.
For Miller, this is the fourth time he's been recalled from Hartford this season. In 25 games with the Rangers this year, he's scored two goals and two assists. In 26 games with the Wolfpack, Miller has posted a much steadier 10 goals and 16 assists. With Derek Dorsett looking ready to return to action, the question now becomes how the Rangers choose to juggle their roster. Dorsett and his replacement Daniel Carcillo have always been viewed as fourth-liners. If Vigneault doesn't want to plug either of them in to fill Zuccarello's hole, there's a chance Miller could see time on the third line with Derick Brassard and Benoit Pouliot. The team has indicated wanting to get Miller consistent playing time, so the expectation should be that he'll slot in somewhere on the bottom six.
- New York Rangers News: Cam Talbot To Start Vs. Chicago; Staal Questionable; Dorsett Ready?
- Ryan Callahan Trade Rumors: Get Ready For More
- Ryan Callahan trade rumors; Derek Dorsett back to contact; No decision on Thursday's goalie
- Ryan Callahan trade rumor: Sather targeting Martin St. Louis
- Nash, Lundqvist, and Hagelin bring home medals; Zuccarello's health; Dorsett back; Callahan trade rumors