J.T. Miller recalled; Cam Talbot to start Thursday; Ryan Callahan trade rumors

Marc DesRosiers-US PRESSWIRE

Today's New York Rangers notes.

We're still a day away from the Rangers post-Olympic opener in Chicago, but that hasn't stopped the team from generating stories.

It will be a topic we'll explore until March 5, or until a resolution is found, but here's more on Ryan Callahan rumors, plus how Dan Girardi fits into this equation. [Blueshirt Banter]

Callahan wants to stay with the Rangers, but as his future in New York is decided, is still focused on contributing to his current team. [NY Post]

The Rangers can't defend letting Girardi get away, writes Andrew Gross. [The Record]

With both Callahan and Girardi occupying the rumor mill, Alain Vigneault called the trade situations a 'distraction.' [Daily News]

When the Rangers take on the defending Stanley Cup champions on Thursday, Cam Talbot in net. Marc Staal is questionable for the game with back spasms, although the defenseman returned to practice on Tuesday. Derek Dorsett also appears ready to go, but it's unclear if he'll be in the lineup. [Blueshirt Banter]

With Mats Zuccarello out for about another two weeks, and a lot of uncertainty surrounding the Rangers roster, the team recalled J.T. Miller on Tuesday. [Blueshirt Banter]

Back from Sochi, the six Rangers Olympians shared their overseas experience. [Rangers Rants]