Martin St. Louis wants to play for Rangers; J.T. Miller to skate on third line

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

It's finally time. After the NHL schedule came to a halt for the Olympics, the Rangers will resume action tonight as they travel to Chicago to take on the defending Stanley Cup champion Blackhawks. Of course, the team's inactivity still hasn't stopped it from producing many headlines. Here are your morning notes.

There's no telling if Martin St. Louis will be traded, but if he his, per Bob Mackenzie, he's made his demands clear: He only will accept a trade to the Rangers. [Blueshirt Banter]

In his first day back at practice post-Sochi, St. Louis addressed trade rumors, and might have said more by saying nothing. [ESPN NY]

From the team's practice on Wednesday, J.T. Miller will skate alongside with Benoit Pouliot and and Derick Brassard on the team's third line. Marc Staal will also be a game-time decision, and Henrik Lundqvist, who is not starting on Thursday, will be back in net Saturday to face the Flyers. [Rangers Rants]

While a number of Rangers are reportedly on the trading block, the objective now is stay focused despite the potential for distractions. [NY Post]

In This Article

Teams