Rangers Vs. Blackhawks Preview: Rangers Finally Return To Action

Jonathan Daniel

The New York Rangers will return to action tonight as they take on the Chicago Blackhawks at Madison Square Garden, starting at 7:00 PM.

The New York Rangers will finally return to action tonight following the Olympic break, and will meet up with the Chicago Blackhawks at Madison Square Garden. Unfortunately during the Olympics, the Rangers received some bad news as Mats Zuccarello fractured his left hand while playing for Norway. He's only expected to miss another two weeks, but with him being their top point producer, his absence will definitely be felt. As a result, J.T. Miller was recalled from the Hartford Wolfpack, and will likely see time on the third line with Brassard, and Pouliot.

Derek Dorsett was expected to make his return to the lineup, but he doesn't appear ready enough to step back in tonight. Finally, Cam Talbot will be getting the start tonight, as Alain Vigneault has given Henrik Lundqvist a few extra days of rest before suiting back up. Between the hectic Olympic schedule, and long travel back to New York, it's a smart idea by AV moving forward.

The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

Chicago-blackhawks VS.

Chicago Blackhawks (35-11-14) vs New York Rangers (32-24-3)
Madison Square Garden- New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, CSN-CH, NHLN | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Second City Hockey

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - J.T. Miller
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Kevin Klein

Cam Talbot
Henrik Lundqvist

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Mats Zuccarello (hand), Derek Dorsett (leg).