FanPost

Just want to get some ideas..

As you all know I'm pretty new to Blueshirt Banter. But I'd like some thoughts on this. With the whole Cally situation, I feel as if he is constantly hurt and with giving him a contract as high as 7 years I think would be foolish. I read another post on here stating Girardi also wants a contract around 7 years, I too think that is a little much. But if I had to personally chose who to keep, I'd go with Girardi. Cally is a great player, and a great Captain he gives it his all but we need the guy to stay on the ice, he doesn't help us eating money while he's injured. I'm sure that will also play a big role when it comes time for trade discussions with him. Although I have NO idea who the Rangers are even looking at in return if they decide to trade him. If Sather could talk Girardi into staying and possibly giving him no higher then 4 years I think it would be a good contract. Let me know what you guys think!