Rangers Vs. Avalanche Preview: Rangers Seeking Fourth Straight Win With Avs In Town

Bruce Bennett

The New York Rangers will look to extend their winning streak to four games as they take on the Colorado Avalanche tonight at Madison Square Garden.

The New York Rangers will be in search of their fourth straight win tonight as they take on the Colorado Avalanche at Madison Square Garden. It's been a few years since both of these teams met up during a regular season game, but nevertheless, here we are. Coming into tonight, the Rangers are riding a three game winning streak, and are also winners in seven of their last ten games. On the other end of the spectrum, the Avalanche are winners of four straight, and continue to trek up the standings in the Central Division.

Their latest win came last night against the New Jersey Devils where ex-Rangers P.A. Parenteau tied up the game late and forced overtime. Not even 30 seconds into the overtime period, Ryan O'Reilly scored the game winning goal, and sent the Avalanche their fourth straight win. Tonight will be yet another test for the Rangers as they look to head into the Olympic break with a nice streak under their belt.

Alain Vigneault confirmed the lineup will remain the same, including Henrik Lundqvist getting the start in between the pipes. The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

Col VS.

Colorado Avalanche (36-14-5) vs New York Rangers (30-23-3)
Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, ALT | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Mile High Hockey

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Kevin Klein

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Derek Dorsett (leg).