The New York Rangers will be in search of their fourth straight win tonight as they take on the Colorado Avalanche at Madison Square Garden. It's been a few years since both of these teams met up during a regular season game, but nevertheless, here we are. Coming into tonight, the Rangers are riding a three game winning streak, and are also winners in seven of their last ten games. On the other end of the spectrum, the Avalanche are winners of four straight, and continue to trek up the standings in the Central Division.
Their latest win came last night against the New Jersey Devils where ex-Rangers P.A. Parenteau tied up the game late and forced overtime. Not even 30 seconds into the overtime period, Ryan O'Reilly scored the game winning goal, and sent the Avalanche their fourth straight win. Tonight will be yet another test for the Rangers as they look to head into the Olympic break with a nice streak under their belt.
Alain Vigneault confirmed the lineup will remain the same, including Henrik Lundqvist getting the start in between the pipes. The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.
Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Ryan Callahan
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo
Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Kevin Klein
- More on Ryan Callahan; Cam Talbot could start before the Olympic break
- Ryan Callahan Trade Rumors: Why The Blue Jackets Aren't A Likely Landing Spot If He's Moved
- Rangers streaking; Ryan Callahan's potential NY future; Marc Staal impressing
- New York Rangers rumors: The definitive Ryan Callahan update
- Blueshirts Monthly Open Thread: Happy February!