New York Rangers Open Thread: Rangers Vs. Oilers

Derek Leung

The New York Rangers will take on the Edmonton Oilers tonight at Madison Square Garden where they will be seeking their fifth straight win.

Next Game

Edm VS.

Edmonton Oilers @ New York Rangers

Thursday, Feb 6, 2014, 7:00 PM EST
Madison Square Garden

Opponent's Blog: The Copper & Blue

Rangers Vs. Oilers Preview: Five In A Row?
Derick Brassard and Depth Scoring

Complete Coverage >

The New York Rangers will head into their first leg of a back to back tonight as they take on the Edmonton Oilers at Madison Square Garden. Fun fact for tonight, the New York Rangers will be playing their 6,000 game in franchise history tonight. Capping off the game tonight with a win would make it all that much better, and it'll give them some big momentum heading into tomorrow night. Cam Talbot will get the start for the Rangers tonight, while Ben Scrivens is scheduled to start for the Oilers.

Player To Watch:

Ryan Callahan

#24 / Right Wing / New York Rangers

5-11

190

Mar 21, 1985

The captain had an absolutely monstrous game against the Colorado Avalanche, and he's taking everything in stride with this trade talk. As much as players say they ignore it, they truly do see what is going on, and sometimes it pushes them to the next level. Callahan was moved up to the first power play unit, so expect him to play a big role in tonight's contest.