Rangers Vs. Hurricanes Preview: Searching For Three Straight

James Guillory-USA TODAY Sports

The New York Rangers will take on the Carolina Hurricanes once again this evening as they search for their third consecutive win.

The New York Rangers will look to make it three in a row tonight as they take on the Carolina Hurricanes for the second time in four days. Earlier this week, the Rangers were able to overcome a 1-0 lead in the third period against Carolina, and exploded with four goals to seal the victory. It was a huge test of character, and the Rangers were able to overcome adversity to earn two points. Also with a win against the Detroit Red Wings on Sunday afternoon, Henrik Lundqvist is one win shy of tying Mike Richter for all-time wins as a New York Ranger. Tonight may be win number 301 for Lundqvist, but it's definitely not going to be easy.

The Hurricanes are facing some injury trouble as Justin Faulk, John-Michael Liles, Andrej Sekera and Eric Staal are facing injuries or illnesses. Staal wasn't present at yesterday's morning skate, and it was noted that his status for tonight's game will be decided before game time. Sekera left yesterday's skate for an undisclosed reason, and his status for tonight's game also remains in limbo. As a result, the Canes were forced to recall Michal Jordan from Charlotte in case he needs to suit up tonight for one of the injured defensemen.

With what appears to be a pretty depleted lineup tonight for the Hurricanes, the Rangers cannot afford to let these two points slip away. The full lineup for tonight's game can be found below.

VS. Carolina-hurricanes

New York Rangers (35-26-4) vs Carolina Hurricanes (27-28-9)
PNC Arena - Raleigh, NC - 7:00 PM
Television: MSG, FS-CR | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7 |
Opponent's Blog: Canes Country

Projected Lineup:

Chris Kreider - Derek Stepan - Rick Nash
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Martin St. Louis
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
John Moore - Kevin Klein

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Derek Dorsett (healthy), Raphael Diaz (healthy).