New York Rangers news: Derek Dorsett back in the lineup against Carolina

Bruce Bennett

Since recovering from a broken left fibula, Derek Dorsett has struggled to find time in the Rangers' lineup.

Derek Dorsett was a stalwart on the Rangers fourth line through the early part of this season. But after breaking his fibula in early January, Dorsett was sidelined through the Olympic break, making way for Daniel Carcillo to occupy that spot. Dorsett was given a clean bill of health when the post-Sochi NHL schedule resumed, but with Carcillo entrenched in his spot, playing time has been hard to come by. (Dorsett has played in two of the Rangers five games since the break ended.)

Tuesday night, as the Rangers take on the Hurricanes for the second time in five days in Carolina, Dorsett will make his return to the lineup in the place of Carcillo.

Other than that move, the Rangers lineup will remain the same. After the team skated this morning, Alain Vigneault confirmed the announcement, and explained his reasoning behind reinserting Dorsett into the mix.

So no word on whether this is a longterm move, a short-term project, or anything in between. Seems like Vigneault is taking it one game at a time.