Canes stop Rangers; John Moore's progression; Derek Dorsett back in the lineup

Maddie Meyer

Today's New York Rangers notes.

I try to keep things in a positive perspective. The Rangers are 8-4-1 in their last 13 games. That's a pretty good pace, and something to keep in mind when trying to put last night's stinker into some broader context. Here are your morning notes.

The effort and performance the Rangers put in against Carolina simply wasn't consistent with what the team has been showing the past few months. Lackluster play in the offensive zone, defensive blunders, and just an all-around poor showing. Wouldn't be surprised to see a defenseman sit on Thursday in lieu of Raphael Diaz. Here are some recaps of the 3-1 loss to the Hurricanes. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

The Rangers recent success has coincided with John Moore improving his game, as the defenseman is working hard behind-the-scenes. [Daily News]

It will be needed if the Rangers will truly find success down the stretch run, but Derek Stepan's line is again beginning to click. [The Record]

With the acquisition of Martin St. Louis, it would be easy for Alain Vigneault to shuffle the lines, but that doesn't mean the Rangers should. [Blueshirt Banter]

The incident involving Rich Peverley was eerily similar to the tragic passing of Alexei Cherepanov. [ESPN NY]

He's struggled to get in the lineup since returning from a broken fibula, but Derek Dorsett got another crack on the fourth line last night against Carolina. [Blueshirt Banter]