Haggerty inks contract; Talbot to start; No leadership void sans Callahan

Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Spor

Today's New York Rangers notes.

A lot of good things have actually happened since the Rangers dropped a disappointing game to the Hurricanes on Tuesday night. The Flyers, Capitals, Maple Leafs, and Canadians all lost. The only team within striking distance to pick up points was the Blue Jackets. Essentially, while there's never a good time to lose to a bad team, especially during a stretch run, the Rangers might have picked the 'best time.' The team will get a chance to rebound Thursday night against a hot Wild team. Here are your morning notes.

After having a huge junior season, undrafted free agent Ryan Haggerty of RPI inked a PTO contract with the Rangers, and will join the team next week. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Blueshirts Blog] [Newsday]

In a move that happened a little earlier than it has this season, Alain Vigneault revealed Cam Talbot will start in goal Thursday in Minnesota against the Wild. [Blueshirt Banter] [Newsday]

While the former captain Ryan Callahan is in Tampa Bay, there's no leadership void on the Rangers' roster. [NY Post]

In This Article

Teams