Rangers split weekend games; St. Louis trying to fit in; Lundqvist not concerned with milestones

Bruce Fedyck-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Three Stars of the Weekend

Number three: Kevin Klein Two assists in Winnipeg on Friday gave him three points in three games. Klein is playing some of his best hockey for the Rangers, adding some offensive to his very strong, very consistent defensive game.

Number two: Henrik Lundqvist The King picked up career win number 301, tying him for the all-time franchise mark with Mike Richter. He'll have three cracks to break the record on the road this week.

Number one: Carl Hagelin He recorded his first career hat trick on Friday in Winnipeg, and provided the Rangers with some much-needed offense.

What You Missed

Lundqvist isn't known for his aggressiveness (in fact, he's really known for the opposite), but that didn't stop him on this play from getting the job done.

Despite outshooting San Jose by a wide margin, and taking 41 attempts on the afternoon, the Rangers were unable to get one past Antti Niemi, and fell to the Sharks 1-0 Sunday afternoon. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

Now seven games into his Rangers career, Martin St. Louis is still goalless, and still trying to fit in. [NY Post]

While Lundqvist is breaking Rangers' records, there's a bigger goal for the goalie and his team. [The Record]

Ryan Callahan says he's excited for a "new chapter" in Tampa Bay. [Rangers Rants]

After getting down early against Winnipeg, Lundqvist helped steady the ship, and a big day from Hagelin led to a win on the road. Some recaps of Friday's game against the Jets. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Newsday]