Graves inks contract; Haggerty suits up for practice; Nash and St. Louis in scoring slumps

Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

If the season ended today, the Rangers would make the playoffs. But that statement is becoming less and less comfortable by the day, as a Rangers slide combined with stellar stretches from the Blue Jackets and Flyers is altering the standings. Let's just say, there's no better time for a win and to change some momentum than Tuesday night in Ottawa. Oh, and Henrik Lundqvist will again be going for win number 302, which would set a franchise record. Here are your morning notes.

With only 13 games remaining in the regular season, time is running out on the Rangers. [Blueshirt Banter]

With the Rangers jockeying for postseason position, and struggling to score, Rick Nash and Martin St. Louis have been non-factors. [NY Post] [Rangers Rants]

And despite going his first seven games as a Ranger without finding the back of the net, St. Louis has remained stoic. [Daily News] [ESPN NY] [NY Post] [Newsday]

Fresh from the collegiate ranks, Ryan Haggerty is just trying to learn and grow. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts Blog]

The Rangers have come to terms with their third round pick from the 2013 NHL Draft, defenseman Ryan Graves. [Blueshirt Banter]