Rangers pound Senators; Dolan endorses Sather

USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

If the Rangers scored eight games a night, they'd be a pretty decent team. That goes without saying, as does the fact that the Rangers very much needed a win, and a much needed goal scoring boost. Time is running short, and more than 'playing well,' the Rangers flat out need results, and two points on Tuesday night was all the team needed. Here are your morning notes.

In a much needed offensive explosion, the Rangers pumped in eight goals, with Derick Brassard and Rick Nash each pumping in two goals in a crucial win. And in picking up the victory, Henrik Lundqvist set a franchise record with victory 302. Some recaps. [NY Post] [Daily News] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

In a pretty major endorsement, James Dolan called Glen Sather the 'best in the business,' and opined on Ryan Callahan. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts Blog] [Rangers Rants]

And with Callahan's impending free agency, could he come back to Broadway? [The Record]