New York Rangers Game Thread: Rangers Vs. Devils

The Rangers look to make it three in a row tonight against the Devils.

The Rangers are going to need to play mistake-free hockey against the Devils, who are 5-5 in their last 10 games. The Rangers are also going to need to find a way to put the puck in the net on the man advantage because yesterday's thrilling win over the Blue Jackets really didn't need to be as thrilling as it was. The Rangers were 0 for 4 on the man advantage against the Blue Jackets last night and have been terrible on the power play since the Olympic break. It also goes without saying that the Rangers need to make sure they finish on their chances with some of the bad luck they've been having on disallowed goals and posts lately.

I said it before last night's game and I'll say it again. Look at the standings and look at where these two teams are. These points and these games are as important as they come and the Rangers can ill afford to go home empty handed.

Mike's Player to Watch: Brad Richards

There aren't many Rangers fans (or bloggers) that find Brad Richards as frustrating and useless as I do. Richards has 2 points in his last 9 games and was noticeably bad last night against the Blue Jackets. This is the Rangers 72nd game of the season which means it is likely one of the last eleven regular season games we'll see Brad Richards in a Rangers jersey. Please Brad, help get the Rangers into the playoffs and leave us with a few more good memories.

Let's go Rangers!