New York Rangers News: Raphael Diaz Will Make His Debut Tonight

Raphael Diaz will slot into the lineup tonight against the New Jersey Devils, and will make his first appearance since being acquired on back March 5th, 2014.

According to Brett Cyrgalis of the New York Post, Raphael Diaz confirmed that he will be making his debut for the New York Rangers tonight against the New Jersey Devils. John Moore will be coming out of the lineup after taking a vicious hit in the defensive end last night courtesy of Blake Comeau. Moore appeared to be a little dazed when he was getting up from the initial hit, and stumbled a bit on his way back to the bench.

He wound up remaining on the bench for a good part of the period, but was shutdown by Jim Ramsey around the halfway point of the second period. The Rangers still do not have an update regarding his status, and a concussion wasn't completely ruled out by the training staff.

While injuries are never fun to deal with, they do allow for other players to step up in their teammates absence. In this case, Raphael Diaz will get a chance to show off what he can do in a Blueshirt. We were all pleased to see Sather add some defensive depth at the deadline, and it's finally time to see if it winds up paying off.

With two huge points on the line once again, tonight's game should be another good one.