Rangers comeback on Coyotes; Lundqvist the key; Vigneault admits mistake; Boyle's future

Today's New York Rangers notes.

We keep talking about differences in this year's Rangers team versus season's past. Monday night, the Rangers showed a lot of character when playing from behind against Phoenix, something this team has not been good at over the past few seasons. That, and the team's ability to score four goals. Here are your morning notes.

The Rangers trailed at two different stages of Monday night's game; first 2-0, and then 3-2. But on the strength of great performances from Brad Richards, Dan Girardi, and especially Ryan McDonagh (is there any doubt at this point he's the next Rangers' captain), New York secured a big two points at home, and winning their fourth straight game, matching a season-high. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

After playing both Martin St. Louis and Derek Stepan, who both almost sat with the flu, Alain Vigneault was critical of his decision. [ESPN NY] [Newsday]

While he started off the season rather slow, Henrik Lundqvist is back in form, and the biggest key to the Rangers success. [Blueshirt Banter]

And while Cam Talbot has certainly been stellar as a backup, Lundqvist is now expected to start until the Rangers clinch a playoff spot. [The Record]

Brian Boyle's short-term goals? Well those are simple: Help New York win, and then get paid. [NY Post]