Chris Kreider's mystery injury; John Moore 'feeling good'

Maddie Meyer

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers were off on Tuesday, but there was still a pretty big, developing story to come out around the team. Plus, there's a large looming divisional game to be played Wednesday night. Here are your morning notes.

A strange string of events yesterday involving Chris Kreider have us knowing one thing for sure: he'll be out tonight against the Flyers. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday] It began with TSN's Bob McKenzie tweeting, and then soon after deleting an update that Kreider had possibly a broken that would keep him out at least a month. After that, the team offered the update that he would miss Wednesday night's game against the Flyers, but would provide no further information. So what we do know, is when the Rangers take on the Flyers in a big divisional showdown, they'll be without Kreider.

John Moore, who remains out of the lineup with what's believed to be a concussion, Alain Vigneault said the banged up defenseman is 'feeling good.' [NY Post]

Normally known for their stalwart play at their own blue line, Ryan McDonagh and Dan Girardi are bringing that steady play up front. [NY Post]

In a crucial game in a playoff push, a Henrik Lundqvist love-fest almost came back to bite the Rangers. [NY Post]

A torn achilles can't slow down Joe Micheletti. [The Record]