New York Rangers News: Rangers Recall J.T. Miller From Hartford

Maddie Meyer

The New York Rangers have recalled forward J.T. Miller from the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League. He will likely be in the lineup tonight.

According to the AHL Transactions list, the New York Rangers have recalled J.T. Miller from the Hartford Wolfpack of the American Hockey League. With news breaking yesterday that Chris Kreider could potentially miss up to a month of action because of a hand injury, this move isn't all that surprising. Again, just to clarify, we know for a fact that Kreider was injured against the Phoenix Coyotes, but we still have no idea what the severity of it is. The only update we have heard from the Rangers is that Kreider will miss tonight's game, and the rest was left up in the air.

As far as J.T. Miller goes, he will most likely be in the lineup tonight against the Philadelphia Flyers, and will be in a more expanded role. While it's basically impossible to replace Kreider's intangibles, the Rangers can soften the blow by replacing him with a similar type of player.  Over the last two months, J.T. Miller has put up 19 points (4 goals, 15 assists) in 18 games with the Hartford Wolfpack. The reports have been pretty good from Hartford as of late, so it will be interesting to see how Miller translates his recent success to the NHL level.

We will get some official clarification on the lineup around 5:00 PM, when Alain Vigneault addresses the media during his pre-game news conference.

For now, thoughts?