New York Rangers Game Thread: Rangers Vs. Flyers

Drew Hallowell

This one could get nasty.

The Flyers are 7-2-1 in their last ten games and the Rangers are 7-3-0 in their last ten coming into tonight's game. Philly is one of the hottest teams in hockey right now despite a recent loss to the Los Angeles Kings. Flyers captain Claude Giroux has 56 points in his last 44 games and has been red hot since December. The Flyers have four players with 20 goals under their belts already and two more that are within two goals of reaching that mark. The Rangers lineup coming into tonight's game is likely the smallest squad New York has put out on the ice against the Flyers in quite some time. It is going to be interesting to see just how much, or how little, the Blueshirts get pushed around by the Flyers.

Tonight will be our first look at a Chris Kreider-less Rangers lineup since the rookie was called up after not making the team from training camp.

Mike's Player to Watch: Brian Boyle

The Rangers got their butts handed to them in faceoffs against the Coyotes on Monday but Boyle was excellent on the dot. The Rangers are going to need more of the same from their big depth center tonight against a Flyers team that is very deep down the middle. Boyle's size and physicality is also likely going to be a factor because, y'know, it's the Flyers. Boyle might not show up in the box score at the end of the game with any goals or assists but look for him to have an impact on the game. What Boyle and the other Rangers penalty killers do against the Flyers and their power play just might make the difference in what should be an intense hockey game.

Let's go Rangers.