Avery vs. Brodeur; Duclair on the future; Catching up with Mike Keenan

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers are over a major hump. Wednesday's matchup (and win) over the Flyers was the team's last divisional game of the season. And with eight remaining to play before the playoffs, the Rangers only have three teams on the schedule with records above .500. Putting it plainly, a rolling Rangers team will have a chance to gain some more momentum and footing as the season winds down. Here are your morning notes.

With only eight games remaining in the regular season, we take a look at potential Rangers playoff opponents. [Blueshirt Banter]

Alain Vigneault and Brian Boyle called attention to it after Wednesday night's win against the Flyers, but Ryan McDonagh is in the thick of the Norris race. [NY Post]

So you thought the Sean Avery-Martin Brodeur spat was over? Well, for one day, it was back on. [SB Nation] [Puck Daddy] [ESPN NY] [Daily News]

Anthon Duclair is not only tearing up the QMHL, he's also eager to make the jump to the next level. [NHL.com]

Adam Graves has a very special relationship with a young sled hockey player. [Sports Illustrated]

An absolute must-read from Katie Bater of Grantland, who tracked down Mike Keenan in the KHL. [Grantland]

With the playoffs nearing, the Rangers are hitting their stride, which can only mean good things. [ESPN NY]