New York Rangers Game Thread: Rangers Vs. Flames

Adam Hunger-USA TODAY Sports

Calgary's nicknames: The Stampede City, C-Town, Cowtown, and the Heart of the New West. Thanks wikipedia!

The Rangers are 7-3-0 in their last ten and the Flames are 5-5-0 in their last ten. Tonight the Rangers are looking to push their winning streak to six games. The last time these two teams met was in December and the Rangers prevailed 4-3 with a shootout win. The Flames are not quite in the same weight division as some of the teams the Rangers have played recently but it would be a mistake to underestimate them.

There is a lot on the line during this road trip for the Rangers and it's important to start off on the right foot in a game that the team should win. Let's hope the Blueshirts don't disappoint us tonight and play the way they played for most of Wednesday's game against Philly. Calgary is a banged up, desperate team but they are playing on home ice and play with a lot of energy. It should be an entertaining game tonight.

Mike's Player to Watch: MSL

The Rangers are 8-3-1 with Martin St. Louis in the lineup but the superstar has just 3 points in 12 games as a Ranger. Hopefully playing against one of the teams that gave up on him early in his career will bring out the best in Marty. St. Louis has been battling the flu but looked a lot better against the Flyers on Wednesday night and should be further down the road to feeling 100% tonight in Calgary. It's time for Marty to score his first as a Ranger, preferably it will come on the power play.

Let's go Rangers!