New York Rangers News: Dominic Moore Nominated For The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy

Elsa

New York Rangers forward Dominic Moore has been nominated for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy by the New York chapter of the PHWA.

According to Pat Leonard of the New York Daily News, Dominic Moore has been nominated for the Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy by the New York chapter of the Professional Hockey Writers' Association. The Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy is an award given to a player each year, who best exemplifies perseverance, sportsmanship, and dedication to the game of hockey.

Moore is definitely deserving of this nomination, mainly because of the return he made to the NHL after sitting out the 2013 shortened season. Moore's wife, Katie, passed away in January of 2013 from a rare form of liver cancer, and he took the year off to care for her. Just six months after a heartbreaking loss, Moore signed a one-year deal with the New York Rangers, and has been a key cog on their fourth line.

Every single shift on the ice, Moore gives it 110% percent, and this nomination really couldn't have happen to a better person. In 66 games this year with the Blueshirts, Moore has tallied six goals, 12 assists, 18 points, and 14 penalty minutes.