Decision day for Rangers, Callahan; No goalie announced for Leafs; Zuccarello day-to-day

Charles LeClaire-USA TODAY Sport

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Ryan McDonagh. Henrik Lundqvist. Dan Girardi. All key Rangers who have re-signed this season and avoided free agency. And while some of these situations were clearer than others, none of them have come down to the wire like the decision the Rangers and Ryan Callahan will have to make on Wednesday. There's not much else to say accept, here are your morning notes.

Again, it's going to be all Callahan up until 3 p.m. today, and quite possibly for the hours after depending on the outcome of this situation. Here's what's going down right now:

- A decision will be made on Callahan's New York future, one way or another. [Blueshirt Banter]

- Talks continued between Callahan and the Rangers on Tuesday, while no deal was reached. [Newsday]

- Both sides feel like they've made concessions in the interest of striking a deal. So is a trade imminent? [NY Post]

- If the Rangers do keep Callahan, it will be costly in many ways, writes Andrew Gross. [The Record]

- While nothing was resolved Tuesday, we did learn that despite interest the Rangers expressed in Ryan Kesler, the Canucks center is unwilling to waive his no-trade clause in a deal involving the Rangers. [ESPN NY]

- One more item: For all things NHL trade deadline-related, stay with SB Nation's super hub. [SB Nation NHL]

Heading into the 3 p.m. deadline, a rundown of the trades the Rangers have already completed this season. [Blueshirt Banter]

There will be a game played Wednesday night regardless of whether the Rangers make a trade or not before the deadline, and Alain Vigneault has yet to reveal who will start in goal against the Maple Leafs. [NY Post]

Mats Zuccarello participated in practice again on Tuesday, and is now "day-to-day," although Vigneault confirmed he will not be in the lineup Wednesday against Toronto. [Rangers Rants]