Rangers Acquire Raphael Diaz

Patrick Smith

Rangers adding blue line depth on deadline day.

The Rangers have added some depth to their blue line after sending J.T. Miller back to the Hartford Wolfpack.

Diaz, 28, is a right-handed blueliner that will become a UFA at the end of the season. He was traded earlier this season by the Canadiens to the Canucks for former Ranger Dale Weise. The Rangers will be his third team this season.

Raphael Diaz

Vancouver Canucks

5-11

197

Jan 09, 1986

Looks like the Rangers simply wanted a better option than Justin Falk for the team's seventh defenseman in the event that there is an injury on the Rangers blue line. Diaz has some offensive upside as well and he's Swiss... so there's that.

LGR.