FanPost

6 Thoughts after the TD

Just for sake of personal venting and potential closure, here's my take on the Trade Deadline moves made yesterday.

1) I'll start with the most important comment. I will root for Ryan Callahan throughout the rest of his career. The Tampa Bay Lightening just became my 2nd favorite team. This man gave us all he had, even if he didn't have it. Thanks for everything and good luck buddy.

2) Moving on, thank you dear baby Jesus for Glen not signing him to those terms. As we learned in the spring of 2012, heart, identity and goal-tending is not enough. You need a mixture of good health and skill to compliment. The contract that was almost agreed on would have prevented this team from upgrading where it needs improvements.

3) In the end, Callahan will be known for the effort he put forth every night he played. His effort to hit, block shots, shoot, pass, stay on the ice, and before it was over, get paid.

4) Now the team just traded 2008 Chris Drury instead of giving him six more years. All they had to do was throw in 2015 Bob Sanguinetti and they not only received the best player moved on deadline day, but the best player to put on a Ranger jersey since Jagr.

5) On March 4, this team was a pretender for me. Today, depending on how the locker room recovers, the Rangers have to be a 2nd Tier contender.

6) One more thing. This happened. The Islanders traded Matt Moulson, a 1st, 2nd and 5th Rnd pick, for Swedish 20 year old, Sebastian Collberg and a conditional 2nd rounder. Like I said, that happened and if Garth Snow has any dignity left within his barren soul, he would build a raft, pack up some whale lard and drift out to sea.