Rangers Vs. Hurricanes: Mats Zuccarello Returns To The Lineup Tonight Vs. Carolina

Bruce Bennett

Mats Zuccarello will be making his return to the lineup tonight after he suffered a fractured hand during the 2014 Winter Olympics in Sochi, Russia.

According to Andrew Gross of The Record, Mats Zuccarello will finally be returning to the lineup tonight after he has been sidelined with a fractured hand. Zuccarello's original timetable was expected to be at least two weeks of games, but it appears as if he is ahead of his original schedule. The Rangers first game back was on February 27th, which was only eight days ago, and it's a massive break for the Rangers as Zuccarello only missed about a week of playing time.

With Zuccarello now back in the fold, the New York Rangers will be able to roll three lethal lines as they continue on their journey to the Stanley Cup Playoffs. It's almost guaranteed that Zuccarello will reunite with his previous line that includes Derick Brassard, and Benoit Pouliot. That threesome was the Rangers best forward line heading into the Olympic break, and over the last few games, you could clearly tell Zuccarello's absence was kind of a big deal to them.

It will be interesting to see how the Rangers perform with a completely healthy lineup, and with Marty St. Louis taking over a scoring role, the Rangers look like a pretty threatening team heading forward. We shall see how it all pans out.

Thoughts?