Vigneault quiet on injuries; St. Louis and Richards' chemistry; Boyle on Flyers hate

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

There are all of two regular season games left. As many of you know, however, there's still a lot on the line, as the Rangers, more proficient than ever at winning games on the road, are still trying to lock up home-ice advantage in a likely first round meeting with the Philadelphia Flyers. On Thursday night, the Rangers close out regular season play at MSG against the NHL-worst Sabres. In simpler terms, it's two points need to have as they jostle for seeding. Here are your morning notes.

With Chris Kreider and Ryan McDonagh still making their way back from injuries, Alain Vigneault is electing to go with a tight-lipped approach on injuries moving forward. [NY Post] [Rangers Rants]

And while he took the ice Wednesday in a yellow non-contact jersey for practice, there's still no update on McDonagh, as the Rangers' top defenseman tries to work his way back for the postseason. [NY Post]

Martin St. Louis recorded an assist on a Brad Richards goal for the first time since 2008 on Tuesday. Then he did it again. And that's good news for New York. [Blueshirts Blog]

Some of the Rangers key players—the veterans—will determine how far the team can go in the playoffs. [NY Post]