2014 Stanley Cup playoffs: Rangers first round playoff schedule and television information

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

The Rangers and Flyers will meet for the first time in the postseason since 1997, beginning this Thursday.

We've got the Rangers. We've got the Flyers. And we've got ourselves a rivalry series to kick off the first round of the NHL playoffs.

The two teams split the regular season series 2-2, but the Flyers have not won a game at Madison Square Garden since 2011. The Rangers are looking to win a playoff series for the third straight season, while Philadelphia is looking to advance past the first round for the first time since 2012.

The NHL officially released all first round matchups, and here is what the Rangers-Flyers first round series will look like

  • Game 1: Rangers vs. Flyers, Thursday, April 17, 7 p.m., CNBC
  • Game 2:  Rangers vs. Flyers, Sunday, April 20, 12 p.m., NBC
  • Game 3: Rangers at Flyers, Tuesday, April 22, 8 p.m., CNBC
  • Game 4: Rangers at Flyers, Friday, April 25, 7 p.m., CNBC
  • *Game 5: Rangers vs. Flyers, Sunday, April 27, 12 p.m., NBC
  • *Game 6: Rangers at Flyers, Tuesday, April 29, time and television information TBD
  • *Game 7: Rangers vs. Flyers, Wednesday, April 30, time and television information TBD
* - Indicates if necessary