Playoff schedule and information; McDonagh ready to go; Pouliot wants to stay

Drew Hallowell

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers and Flyers first round series is set. Here's what the schedule looks like. [Blueshirt Banter] [Rangers Rants]

In the Rangers season finale, a strong performance from Cam Talbot wasn't enough as a penalty shot in overtime did the Rangers in. Some recaps of the 1-0, overtime loss to the Canadiens. [NY Post] [The Record]

While Derek Dorsett considers many Flyers to be his close friends, that will all be thrown out the window come Thursday. [Daily News]

Ryan McDonagh was held out of the team's final game, but has declared he's ready to go for Game 1. [NY Post] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

And make no mistake: McDonagh will be a marked man for opposing teams. [NY Post]

Henrik Lundqvist has added most jewels to his crown during his career, but the King is looking for a Cup to make it complete. [Newsday]

After getting off to a slow start, Benoit Pouliot has come on strong for the Rangers, and he and the team have mutual interest in a new contract. [Blueshirt Banter]

In his first season in New York, Alain Vigneault has steered the Rangers into the playoffs. [Newsday]