FanPost

NYFID's BSB Fantasy Hockey Part Two Wrap-Up

Back in February, I published a Fanpost detailing the Blueshirt Banter Hockey Part Two fantasy league. Although there were 3 weeks remaining in the regular season, the playoff participants were already pretty much set. Since there were no dramatic changes, let's skip straight to breaking down the playoffs, which ended on April 6th. As a reminder, this was a 12-team league. 6 teams made the playoffs, with the top two teams earning a first-round bye.

Consolation Bracket

In the interest of completeness, let's first take a look at the Consolation bracket: Bfca3669-6abf-4859-bf93-614decd34805_zpsc2fc6b64_medium

(click here to enlarge)

Congrats to The Dude for winning this ladder and claiming...um...7th.

OK. Let's never speak of these six guys again. Let's move on to the winners.

Championship Bracket

First, a quick overview:

Db3974e8-0aab-47e1-b3e6-39137cb90984_zps477cb5ec_medium

(click here to enlarge)

We will now take a closer look at each playoff matchup, specifically focusing on each team's best forward, defenseman, and goaltender for each week.

Quarterfinals

First-Round Byes

(1) Dr. Strangepork

(2) NY Fan in Delaware

(5) HankMarryMe DEFEATS (4) Beukeboom's Rules: 223.30-165.90

HankMarryMe

BEST FORWARD: Sidney Crosby (Pit-C): 36.30 points

DEFENSEMAN: Shea Weber (Nsh-D): 18.90pts

GOALIE: Jaroslav Halak (Wsh-G): 13.00pts

Beukeboom's Rules

FORWARD: Evgeni Malkin (Pit-C/RW): 45.80 points

DEFENSEMAN: John Carlson (Wsh-D): 8.10pts

GOALIE: Carey Price (Mon-G): 14.00pts

(3) Matt C's Choice Team DEFEATS (6) Kreidsdales: 188.80-184.80

Matt C's Choice Team

FORWARD: Thomas Vanek (Mon-LW/RW): 27.00pts

DEFENSEMAN: Victor Hedman (TB-D): 19.90pts

GOALIE: Antti Niemi (SJ-G): 7.00pts

Kreidsdales

FORWARD: Corey Perry (Anh-RW): 26.80 points

DEFENSEMAN: Jay Bouwmeester (StL-D): 11.50pts

GOALIE: Tuukka Rask (Bos-G): 13.80pts

Semifinals

(5) HankMarryMe DEFEATS (1) Dr. Strangepork: 244.70-231.40

HankMarryMe

FORWARD: Sidney Crosby (Pit-C): 32.10pts

DEFENSEMAN: Shea Weber (Nsh-D): 26.10pts

GOALIE: Eddie Lack (Van-G): 6.00pts

Dr. Strangepork

FORWARD: Alex Ovechkin (Wsh-RW): 24.00pts

DEFENSEMAN: Brent Burns (SJ-D/RW): 28.60pts

GOALIE: Jonathan Quick (LA-G): 13.40pts

(2) NY Fan in Delaware DEFEATS (3) Matt C's Choice Team: 223.70-192.80

NY Fan in Delaware

FORWARD: Patrick Sharp (Chi-C/LW): 29.60pts

DEFENSEMAN: Alex Goligoski (Dal-D): 15.70pts

GOALIE: Karri Ramo (Cgy-G): 18.60pts

Matt C's Choice Team

FORWARD: Thomas Vanek (Mon-LW/RW): 29.60pts

DEFENSEMAN: Victor Hedman (TB-D): 15.30pts

GOALIE: Semyon Varlamov (Col-G): 19.00pts

Finals

(2) NY Fan in Delaware DEFEATS (5) HankMarryMe: 213.10-143.10

NY Fan in Delaware

FORWARD: Nathan MacKinnon (Col-C/RW): 25.40pts

DEFENSEMAN: Alex Goligoski (Dal-D): 14.70pts

GOALIE: Jimmy Howard (Det-G): 10.80pts

HankMarryMe

FORWARD: Mats Zuccarello (NYR-LW): 20.70pts

DEFENSEMAN: Shea Weber (Nsh-D): 8.40pts

GOALIE: Pekka Rinne (Nsh-G): 5.40pts

The Winning Roster

And now, tremble before NYFID's masterful winning roster!

Player Name

Position(s)

Team

Tyler Ennis*

C/LW

Sabres

Nick Bonino**

Ducks

Patrick Sharp

C/LW

Blackhawks

Jaden Schwartz**

C/LW

Blues

Nathan MacKinnon

C/RW

Avalanche

Claude Giroux

C/RW

Flyers

Derek Stepan

Rangers

Jeff Skinner

C/LW/RW

Hurricanes

Gustav Nyquist*

C/RW

Red Wings

Alex Goligoski

Stars

Erik Johnson

Avalanche

Brian Campbell

Panthers

Trevor Daley**

Stars

Cody Franson

Maple Leafs

Jimmy Howard

Red Wings

Karri Ramo

Flames

*Gustav Nyquist was added to replace an injured Patrick Kane during the Quarterfinals. Tyler Ennis was added to replace an injured Jonathan Bernier during the Finals. Kane and Bernier were each original draft picks of NYFID and were on the roster for the entire season before getting injured.

**Bonino, Schwartz, and Daley were added for the last day of the Finals in order to have a complete starting lineup for that day. They replaced Andrew Ladd (Wpg-LW), Shane Doan (Phx-LW/RW), and Andrej Sekera (D-Car). Ladd, Doan, and Sekera were each on NYFID's roster for most, if not all, of the season prior to being dropped.

So that's it. Thanks for everyone in BSB Part 2 for making an already entertaining NHL season that much more exciting! I hope to play against many of you guys next year. Until then, you may all continue bowing down before my greatness.

As always, LGR!!!