Crunch time for Vigneault; playoff previews; Rangers recall Miller; Lundqvist on the postseason

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

We're two days away from Game 1 of the Rangers Eastern Conference quarterfinal series. So for the next 48 hours, we'll do our best to prime you on all things Rangers-Flyers to get you ready. Here are your morning notes

Alain Vigneault was brought in to lead the Rangers to the Stanley Cup. So when Thursday's playoffs start, the real test will begin for the first-year Rangers' head coach. [Blueshirt Banter]

A broad look at how the Rangers match up with the Broadstreet Bullies. [Blueshirt Banter]

And here are some other preview type stories on the Rangers-Flyers upcoming series. [Daily News] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

With their first round matchup only days away, the Rangers recalled J.T. Miller from Hartford. [NY Post] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

Henrik Lundqvist said he feels he has does not have to prove he can play in the playoffs, while he admitted early season contract negotiations were a distraction. [NY Post]

And the Rangers franchise goalie has continuously said one of the final items on his check list is winning a Cup in New York. He hopes this year is the one. [ESPN NY]

If you're into that kind of thing, Vegas has the Rangers starting at 20-1 odds to win the Stanley Cup. [NY Post]