Brassard leaves practice with injury; Rangers ink Mat Bodie; Richards focused on playoffs

Derek Leung

Today's New York Rangers notes.

The Rangers-Flyers matchup is quickly approaching, and New York practiced Tuesday in Greensburgh in preparation. It was a pretty busy day, so here are your morning notes.

Only two days ahead of Game 1 against the Flyers, Derick Brassard was forced to leave practice early with an apparent back injury. Asked afterward if he would be good to go on Thursday, Alain Vigneault said "I would say yes." [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

And when the puck drops for the first postseason series between these Original 6 rivals since 1997, the Rangers are expecting a physical battle, while Martin St. Louis doesn't see it as a new beginning. [Rangers Rants]

The Rangers signed free agent defenseman Mat Bodie, fresh off his national championship victory at Union College at the Frozen Four. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

And we take a look at Bodie, who was one of the most sought after college free agents. [Blueshirt Banter]

Brad Richards is focused on winning a Cup with the Rangers, and not anything past that. [NY Post]

After Alain Vigneault was pretty critical of J.T. Miller to the media, the prospect is getting another shot. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Newsday]