Game 1 lineup updates; Nash doesn't feel bad for Mason; Hartnell on hatred

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Today's New York Rangers notes.

When this article hits the web, the Rangers-Flyers series will be roughly 13 hours away from puck drop. Needless to say, we're very close to getting the postseason underway, and we've got some updates to get you ready. Here are your morning notes.

We learned a lot about what Thursday night's lineups will look like, with Steve Mason out, Ryan McDonagh in, and some other updates. [Blueshirt Banter] [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] [Blueshirts Blog] [Newsday]

Derrick Brassard? He's a go for the series opener. [NY Post]

And while Rick Nash and Mason are former Blue Jackets teammates, Nash doesn't feel bad his former teammate won't be out there for Game 1. [NY Post]

And Nash, who admittedly had a lackluster performance in last year's postseason, is looking for a bounce back this time around. [Daily News] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

Before the puck even dropped for the first game, Scott Hartnell talked about the hatred between the two teams. [ESPN NY]

The Rangers should take down the Flyers in five games, writes Larry Brooks. [NY Post]