Rangers take Game 1; Attacking McDonagh; Five questions with Broadstreet Hockey

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

We've already written and said a lot about Thursday night's Game 1 victory. Joe and I will also both be providing updates later today. There's really not too much else to say for the time being except, here are your morning notes.

The Rangers outplayed the Flyers from start to finish, and a big night on the power play—especially from Brad Richards—led New York to a big, 4-1 victory in Game 1. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [The Record] [Daily News] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

With Ryan McDonagh excellent at gap control, and also banged up, Craig Berube is altering his strategy to attack the Rangers top defenseman. [NY Post]

Getting to know the enemy: Five questions with Broadstreet Hockey. [Broadstreet Hockey]

Anton Stralman will never lead the offensive charge for the Rangers, but that's just as far as the defensive defenseman is concerned. [Daily News]

For the Rangers to get into the second round, Martin St. Louis and Richards will have to get past old friend Vincent Lecavalier. [Rangers Rants]

Rangers fans are hoarding tickets, and getting ready to invade Philadelphia for Games 3 and 4. [NY Post]