New York Rangers News: Steve Mason Out For Game 3; Kreider Improving?

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

Steve Mason will miss his third consecutive playoff game with an unclassified injury, which means Ray Emery will get the nod in Game 3.

According to reports out of Philadelphia today, Steve Mason will miss his third consecutive playoff game tomorrow night as he is still nursing an unclassified injury. Mason has been out of action since April 12th when he took a hard collision in his crease against the Pittsburgh Penguins. Reports prior to last game had Mason aiming towards a Tuesday night return, but apparently, his status has yet to improve. At this time of year, injuries are dulled down to the bare minimum, and the only thing Mason spoke about today was that he hopes to return on Friday.

Speaking of injuries, things have been fairly quiet on the Chris Kreider front until today. Again, like I said before, coaches don't elaborate on injuries at this stage, so anything is possible. According to Steve Zipay, Alain Vigneault provided an update on Kreider, but it wasn't a whole lot. AV mentioned that Kreider's status is improving, but he wouldn't divulge any further. While there is still no timetable for his return, it is very encouraging to hear the Kreider is starting to heal up a bit.

We will continue to update as we hear anymore lineup changes, but for now, thoughts?