New York Rangers Open Game Thread- Rangers Vs Flyers, Game Three

Eric Hartline-USA TODAY Sports

I actually like the city of Philadelphia... it's a real shame that the Flyers reside there.

"F*cking Rocky is your hero, the whole pride of your city's is built around a guy who doesn't f*cking exist." - Bill Burr on the city of Philadelphia.
The Rangers head into enemy territory tonight at 8PM for Game 3 of their first round series against the orange and black.
Ray Emery is going to be between the pipes again tonight and the Rangers are going to have to put more quality shots on net to challenge him and the Flyers defense. The Rangers are taking too many of their shots from the perimeter and haven't been crashing the net and hunting down rebounds the way that the Flyers have in the first two games of this series. It's time for that to change. Emery was outstanding in Game 2 but I doubt he can duplicate that effort tonight... or at least I hope that he doesn't. If he does I'll be really sad. Again.
The Rangers are also going to need to win the battle of the special teams like they did in Game 1 if they want to leave tonight's game leading the series 2-1 over Philly. The Flyers lack of discipline must be punished by the Rangers power play. The Rangers also have to stay out of the box because the Flyers power play was really clicking on Sunday afternoon and you could feel Akeson's goal coming before he put it in the net.
I'm not entirely sure what we're in for tonight but let's just hope we see some more of what we saw in Game 1 instead of the disinterested and disorganized effort we saw the Blueshirts put on the ice in Game 2.
Also, I really dislike the dyed beards. They're stupid.

Mike's Player to Watch: Henrik Lundqvist

The Rangers need Lundqvist to have a strong road game tonight against a Flyers team that managed to get three goals past him on Easter Sunday. The Rangers have gotten some strong play out of several of their big names including Martin St. Louis, Brad Richards, and Rick Nash and now it's time for the best player on the team to help them win a game. Hank was hardly tested in Game 1 and had a bit of a disappointing performance in Game 2, it's time for him to return to form and help get his team a Game 3 victory.

Let's go Rangers.