Rangers Vs. Flyers Game 3 Preview: Rangers Seek Redemption In Philadelphia

Paul Bereswill

The New York Rangers will travel to the "City of Brotherly Love" tonight as they take on the Philadelphia Flyers in Game 3 of the 2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs.

After collapsing during Game 2 at Madison Square Garden, the New York Rangers will face the Philadelphia Flyers tonight with the series tied 1-1. The Rangers had a roaring start to the game, but the wheels fell off throughout the second half of the game, and allowed the Flyers come away with the win. It was very frustrating to say the least, but I expect the Rangers to use that frustration as extra motivation tonight. Luckily for us, the Rangers have been an excellent road team this year, and could be considered "road warriors" as they tied a franchise record for most wins away from MSG this season.

As mentioned yesterday, Steve Mason will remain out for tonight's contest, which means Ray Emery will get the nod once again. Emery was solid in Game 2, and really stifled the Rangers with their cross-ice feeds, and rebound attempts. Although, he's still very beatable, and the Rangers need to carry over their offense from the prior two games, and good things will happen.

They do, however, need to tighten up quite a bit on the defensive side of things. The Flyers ran a clinic throughout the second period, and there were some really questionable plays made in the Rangers end. If they can tighten that up, and continue to put the pressure on in the offensive zone, tonight will be a great game. The full lineup details can be found below.

VS. Philadelphia-flyers.v13c3493

[ Series tied 1-1 ]
New York Rangers vs Philadelphia Flyers

Wells Fargo center - Philadelphia, PA - 8:00 PM
Television: MSG, CSN-PH, CNBC, TSN | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Broad Street Hockey

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Martin St. Louis
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - Jesper Fast
Benoit Pouliot - Derick Brassard - Mats Zuccarello
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Daniel Carcillo

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Kevin Klein - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Derek Dorsett (healthy), Ryan Haggerty (healthy), Chris Kreider (hand).