Rangers trounce Flyers; St. Louis gets Lady Byng nomination; Kreider improving?

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Alain Vigneault seems to be pushing all the right buttons this season. The head coach, in his first year in New York, has continuously hit on just about every lineup and personnel decisions he's made. So while some might have questioned his decision to go with a lineup change Tuesday night in Philadelphia... question no longer. Here are your morning notes.

With a tied series changing venues to Philadelphia, giving the Flyers a chance to grab the momentum and a lead, the Rangers rose to the occasion, and came away with a huge 4-1 win Tuesday night to reclaim a 2-1 series edge. Some recaps. [Blueshirt Banter] [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Daily News] [The Record] [Newsday] [Blueshirts United]

And with Daniel Carcillo in the fold, plopped into a series against an arch rival, Tuesday's victory certainly had an 'old school feel.' [NY Post] [Newsday]

While it might get lost in the fold a bit, it's worth mentioning: Matt Read's hit on Carcillo will be reviewed by the league to see if it's worthy of supplemental discipline. [Daily News]

Claude Giroux is the Flyers best offensive player, and a major threat. Through three games, the Rangers have contained the all-star. [The Record]

It's a long series, so we asked our frenemies at Broadstreet Hockey five more questions. [Blueshirt Banter]

Steve Mason was again on the bench (at least to start Game 2), while Chris Kreider is apparently improving, which is still ambiguous. [Blueshirt Banter]

Winner of three of the past four Lady Byng awards, Martin St. Louis was again nominated as a finalist this year, his eighth nomination in the past 10 seasons. [NY Post] [ESPN NY] [Blueshirts Blog] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]