Steve Mason back in net; Rolling four lines; Giroux's guarantee; Dominic Moore's E60

Bruce Bennett

Today's New York Rangers notes.

Apologies for missing notes yesterday. It's a busy time of year, but also obviously a busy and important time of year as far as hockey and the Rangers are concerned. Shifting to Friday night's upcoming action, the Rangers have a chance to put the Flyers in a major hole. A win would mean Philly would need to knock off the Rangers in three straight to advance to the Eastern Conference semis. The Rangers haven't dropped three straight since early March. Here are your morning notes.

When the puck drops on Game 4 Friday night, Steve Mason will be the Flyers' starting goalie. [ESPN NY] [Rangers Rants] [Newsday]

Rick Nash has zero goals through three playoff games. That same Rick Nash is playing quite well. [Blueshirt Banter]

The Rangers have the ability to roll four strong, consistent lines, something that's a major benefit, and a difference from year's past. [Blueshirt Banter]

Inserting Daniel Carcillo into the lineup midway through the series? Just the latest well played tactical move by Alain Vigneault. [Blueshirt Banter]

Dominic Moore left the NHL following the tragic death of his wife. Thursday night, ESPN's E60 ran a segment on Moore, and his journey back to hockey. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

A composed Carcillo is coming up big for the Rangers. [NY Post]

After missing last year's playoffs, Marc Staal's rugged play is giving the Rangers a much needed lift. [NY Post]

It's not quite the same setting and pedigree as that as Mark Messier, but Claude Giroux guaranteed a Flyers victory for Game 4. [NY Post]

And after hearing what Giroux had to say, the Rangers chose not to take the bait. [NY Post] [ESPN NY]

Benoit Pouliot took two penalties during Game 3, but Vigneault has seen enough 'good' from the Rangers winger to keep him out there. [NY Post]