Rangers Vs. Flyers Game 5: Need To Take Advantage Of Home Ice

Paul Bereswill

Following a 2-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night, the New York Rangers will look to rebound this afternoon at Madison Square Garden.

Following a 2-1 loss to the Philadelphia Flyers on Friday night, the New York Rangers will look to rebound this afternoon at Madison Square Garden. The Rangers are far from out of this series, and with two of the next three games on home ice, they have a huge advantage to close it out. While it's quite disappointing that they couldn't take full control of this series earlier on, the Rangers understand the situation they are in.

After seeing Daniel Carcillo for the last two games in Philadelphia, there is a chance Alain Vigneault could switch up his lineup. J.T. Miller could potentially make a return to the lineup as AV looks to provide a spark throughout his lineup. Miller was under some heavy criticism from Vigneault nearing the end of the season, and which explained his late season demotion.

With Chris Kreider still out for an indefinite amount of time, AV is trying to find a piece that, for the time being, will fill out his spot. Carcillo had a big game 3, and a not-so-great game 4, so there's no surprise that he will likely sit this afternoon. You can find the full lineup information down below.

Philadelphia-flyers.v13c3493 VS.

[ Series tied 2-2 ]
Philadelphia Flyers vs New York Rangers

Madison Square Garden - New York, NY - 12:00 PM
Television: NBC, TSN, RDS | Radio: ESPN NY 98.7
Opponent's Blog: Broad Street Hockey

Projected Lineup:

Rick Nash - Derek Stepan - Martin St. Louis
Benoit PouliotDerick BrassardMats Zuccarello
Carl Hagelin - Brad Richards - J.T. Miller
Brian Boyle - Dominic Moore - Derek Dorsett

Ryan McDonagh - Dan Girardi
Marc Staal - Anton Stralman
Kevin Klein - John Moore

Henrik Lundqvist
Cam Talbot

Scratches/Injuries: Justin Falk (healthy), Raphael Diaz (healthy), Jesper Fast (healthy), Daniel Carcillo (healthy), Chris Kreider (hand).

SB Nation Featured Video